In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)prestación económica que se da a discapacitados que requieren cuidados constantes
- If you are living in a care home and pay all your own fees you can claim attendance allowance.
- Grants to improve heating and insulation of property are available to pensioners in receipt of pension credit or attendance allowance and anyone receiving a disability living allowance.
- If you are caring for someone receiving a disability or attendance allowance, you may be able to apply for this.
- In the United Kingdom eligibility for attendance allowance may be immediately available in the exceptional circumstance of cancer with a short terminal prognosis of less than six months.
- Welfare rights officers visited their home to carry out an assessment, advising the couple they could claim for attendance allowance, which would give them a healthy contribution towards paying for their nursing care.
- For example, when a person is discharged from National Health Service accommodation, he or she may be entitled to attendance allowance or other social security benefits.
- Among the other entitlements many pensioners fail to claim are housing benefit, council tax benefit and attendance allowance.
- We deal with attendance allowance, disability living allowance, mobility allowance and war pensions.
- She is not very mobile so she applied for attendance allowance to help with daily living.
- We process disability living allowance and attendance allowance claims for disabled and elderly people.
- They pooled resources with the Department for Work and Pensions to introduce a new joint visiting team to help people apply for benefits such as attendance allowance, disability living allowance and pension credit.
- Pension Credit, Council tax benefit, housing benefit and attendance allowance are just some of the benefits available to many older people to make life a little easier.
- Money-related benefits such as pension credit, housing benefit and attendance allowance are all worth looking into.
- The following benefits are recoverable only against the compensation for the cost of care incurred during the relevant period: attendance allowance; care component of disability living allowance; and disablement pension increase.
- A pilot study carried out by one of us showed substantial health gains among elderly people after receipt of attendance allowance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.