In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The attendees did not realize that they were serving as guinea pigs to identify the operational problems.
- Last year's event drew a record 6,000 attendees; this year's is expected to bring even more.
- This second annual conference will allow attendees to mix business with pleasure.
- Rumour has it, however, that one of the attendees is a long way from the world of dizzy studentdom, and is in fact a newspaper reporter.
- The Monday evening saw a reception for all conference attendees in the Glasgow Science Centre.
- There are no reserved seats, and attendees are urged to bring a blanket.
- According to Uzbek officials, this was because larger than expected numbers of attendees had made security a concern.
- Perhaps the first attendees could be those councillors responsible for ruining our city with their parking policies.
- As a first-time attendee, however, I found that the conference overlooked two important areas.
- Another attendee of the conference is a chemistry professor at a Christian college in Canada.
- As people leave the church in search of lunch, I stop a couple of attendees to ask them why they came to the conference.
- Among the attendees was a housewife who has attended the protest rally every year.
- Catherine thanked the conference attendees for the warm reception she and her sisters had received.
- The best part for the attendees is the tasting, of which there is plenty.
- Another report found the majority of attendees attend only one exhibition a year.
- There will be a panel discussion, followed by refreshments for all attendees.
- One attendee likened the atmosphere at the conference to a hangover after the big party that was 2004.
- Lecturers told attendees of the seminar that it is dangerous to experiment with any kind of drugs.
- People just kept standing up to hail lost loved ones, while more attendees wept.
- Indeed, most people of any age would note the entrance of a tardy attendee.
- Many of those seminar attendees are taking an enormous gamble on apartment rents remaining high.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.