In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1captación de la atención femininebefore noun attention-seeking behavior — comportamiento que busca captar la atención masculine
- I think the main motive for the opposition is just the usual Leftist attention-seeking, however.
- This can be difficult to manage - there may be attention seeking behaviour.
- In a nutshell, ten attention-seeking nobodies spend what seems like six months in a house, with one being voted out each week.
- Director Kramer avoids any attention-seeking camera work, with only one particular sequence standing out.
- You have this attention-seeking heiress without the sense God gave rabbits, desperately looking to become famous.
- There will be few flashy signs or attention-seeking gestures.
- Barely turned three, she seemed more akin to her craven, attention-seeking mother than to her newborn brother.
- There are high-performance sports cars that can be driven around town without feeling like you are an attention-seeking pillock.
- No wonder we have grown impatient at the attention-seeking antics of the privileged.
- Knowing that these thoughts are there is an important first stage in overcoming attention-seeking behaviour.
- The very delicacy of their situation is what provokes the attention-seeking behaviour.
- Thus a great hue and cry was launched in the Pagan public by attention-seeking hack writers over a bit of bibliographic honesty.
- A collection of attention seeking performers gathers in Edinburgh to strut their stuff at the Fringe Festival.
- This seems like an unnecessary attention-seeking tactic, making sure we notice a particularly sleazy line.
- That's what these people are doing - they're pounding the table in desperate attention-seeking attempts to feel superior.
- At her Old Bailey trial, Andrews was presented in evidence as "attention-seeking and manipulative in her relationships," he said.
- However, I should not pay much attention to either the attention seeking people on there or the comments posted on the thread all about me.
- Admittedly, there wasn't the dead weight of the attention-seeking kid to exacerbate matters.
- I look forward to your next attention seeking move.
- Putting your company's name in lowercase is an even more pathetic attention-seeking device.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.