In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Electricity Telecommunications Biologyatenuarattenuating circumstances — circunstancias atenuantes
- In recent years, engineers have developed receivers that will perform satisfactorily even with multipath-corrupted and severely attenuated signals such as those found indoors.
- The authors conclude that live, attenuated intranasally administered influenza vaccine is safe and effective in healthy adults.
- Inactivated vaccines don't seem to work as well as live attenuated vaccines, and in this review at least, did not work at all in children under 2.
- Adverse events such as anaphylaxis may be related to a sensitivity to vaccine components rather than to the attenuated vaccine virus itself.
- Live, attenuated influenza virus vaccine and placebo were administered as an intranasal spray in a single dose between mid-September and mid-November.
- However, other strains of probiotic organisms actually attenuated the cytokine response.
- Notice that UHF frequencies are attenuated much more than VHF.
- This live, attenuated vaccine contains a weakened form of the tularemia bacterium, enabling the immune system to recognize and produce neutralizing antibodies against the bacterium if it is encountered again.
- In one live, attenuated vaccine approach, scientists genetically modify the TB bacterium in the laboratory, thereby reducing its ability to cause disease.
- Not only was this well tolerated, but a myriad of physiological, biochemical, and histological measures of lung damage and inflammation were considerably attenuated, and mortality was reduced.
- BCG is a live attenuated vaccine and is being given routinely to all newborns under the universal immunization programme.
- Varicella-zoster virus vaccine is a live attenuated virus that becomes latent after vaccination.
- New designs have greatly improved the sensitivity of GPS receivers so they can make code-phase measurements even on the severely attenuated signals inside buildings.
- However, a possible drawback is that, as a consequence of relatively high conductivities, low frequency electric fields are severely attenuated in biological tissues.
- You don't have a choice in stereo: You force everything into that left/right soundfield by selectively boosting or attenuating certain frequencies to enhance those instruments.
- The measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine contains live attenuated measles, mumps, and rubella viruses.
- Proactive primary prevention presumes that the pathogen can be attenuated or prevented from reaching the individual.
- Because vaccination attenuates the clinical presentation of pertussis, a more sensitive case definition than spasmodic cough of two weeks should be adopted in vaccinated populations.
- If this signal is to be passed to downstream devices, it must be amplified and the jitter eliminated or attenuated.
- Live, attenuated influenza vaccine was licensed in 2003 for intranasal administration to healthy children and adults five to 49 years of age.
- Overall, the inflammatory response was attenuated by hydrocortisone.
- Recently, a live attenuated virus preparation was developed that reduced the number of infections by 19 to 24 percent when given intranasally to healthy adult volunteers.
- Despite the fact that the charge on the metal is high, the field acting on the membrane is greatly attenuated by the electrolyte ions in the thin layer of solvent.
- Surfactant therapy attenuated this deterioration, but not completely.
- In contrast, fasting, which reduces serum leptin, attenuates ozone-induced inflammation.
- Long-term exposure to allergens can attenuate inflammation and revert airway hyperreactivity to normal responsiveness.
- The pressure pulse will then propagate mainly at that specific frequency along the meridian since it is minimally attenuated at the resonant frequency.
- As a result of the high electrical conductivity of sea water, signals are attenuated rapidly as they propagate downward through it.
- An existing, attenuated vaccine against yellow fever is not very effective for just this reason and has to be administered every four years.
- To date, only a single randomized placebo-controlled trial has been done to determine whether augmentation therapy attenuates the development of emphysema.
- Semiconductor photodiodes offer high-sensitivity and low-noise operation, enabling them to detect very low light levels; attenuating filters must be used for high powers.
- Childhood vaccination against varicella with a live attenuated vaccine is now common in the United States and may be introduced elsewhere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.