In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)masculine Ministro de Justiciafeminine Ministra de Justiciafeminine Fiscal General
- The Attorney General's Advisory Committee was likewise opposed to opting in.
- He will be the first Hispanic attorney general of the United States.
- It is now up to the attorney general to name a presidential prosecutor or independent counsel.
- The Attorney General submits that the Judge was wrong in respect of both rulings.
- We are joined now in Miami by Janet Reno, the former attorney general of the United States.
- So why does it matter if the attorney general is a highly ambitious character?
- The attorney general addressed that today and did so in rather aggressive terms.
- A new Code of Practice on disclosure has been published and the Attorney General has issued revised guidelines.
- Ultimately, the legal adviser in chief to the British government is the Attorney General.
- He said he was taken by surprise by the Attorney General's change of stance which had come very late.
- Yesterday, British politics was gripped by the release of the Attorney General's legal advice.
- He said the team would impose pressure on the Attorney General's Office to speed up its investigation.
- While the Attorney General did not mention any precedent, his position is credible.
- The question posed by the Attorney General in this reference is in very wide terms.
- Yesterday, the Government asked the Attorney General for legal advice on the demolition of the flats.
- I think that he is going to be a great attorney general of the United States.
- With the support of the Attorney General an injunction could be sought in proceedings for public nuisance.
- Because in some sense, the attorney general sets the moral tone for the country.
- If you ask the attorney general for an opinion, your request and that opinion are public record.
- As the attorney general, you have to be involved in the civil liberties of all Americans.
- The attorney general of the United States had a press conference just a short time ago.
- As attorney general he followed what he believed to be his constitutional duty.
- I well understand that the role of attorney general is to enforce the law as it is, not as I would have it.
- All Attorneys General have now provided responses.
- The party leader ended up in a war of words with the Attorney General over his advice to the government.
- The refusal of the Government to publish the legal opinion of the Attorney General over the Iraq war is difficult to understand.
- He accused the Government of hiding behind advice from the Attorney General.
- The Attorney General should be involved in order to deal with any public interest issues that might arise.
- An attorney general must answer to the president, for he serves at his pleasure.
- It is the view of the Attorney General that the total sentence of twelve years was, in all the circumstances, unduly lenient.
- Warrants would be approved by the Attorney General and a federal magistrate or a judge.
- I mean, the attorney general of the United States still has ties to the home area.
- I have made an application to the Attorney General notifying him of the intended legal proceedings.
- The Attorney General applies for leave to refer the sentence to this Court and we hereby grant that leave.
- We need an attorney general in charge of enforcement over in the Justice Department.
- She added that she doubts that politics would play a part in the attorney general's decision.
2(in UK)Ministro de Justicia masculineMinistra de Justicia feminineProcurador General de la República masculineProcuradora General de la República feminineProcurador General de la Nación masculineProcuradora General de la Nación feminineFiscal General del Estado feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.