In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Perhaps my recent attack of apathy isn't so atypical after all.
- Persistence of atypical organisms has also been documented after clinical cure.
- Except in the most atypical and extreme cases, women are never truly proud of promiscuity.
- They are not sure what the organism is but it may be an atypical mycobacterium, which is peculiar to India.
- A liver biopsy may be necessary if the diagnosis is unclear or if there are atypical features.
- I've long ago learnt that the breed I encountered today is atypical.
- But I have to admit that my circumstances are unusual and my reaction is probably atypical.
- However, he seems to recognize that his own experiences are atypical.
- Such isolated examples would be atypical and quite misleading.
- But then again, just about everything about this remarkable woman is atypical.
- It was in many ways, an atypical childhood, but he would just look at you blankly if you said that to him.
- Far from complaining about the atypical venues, they rather enjoy them.
- Her atypical behaviour and progressive music meant that she fell out with the record company.
- Contrary to its name, atypical depression is one of the most prevalent forms of the disorder.
- This indicates that for a long time successful people were those who were slightly atypical in their culture.
- Pain in the abdomen below the last rib especially while walking or lifting weight is called atypical angina.
- This is not atypical of the way media treats any specialist pursuit.
- There are a number of other causes of atypical pneumonia.
- Many of the specimens were examples of typical things, but some were atypical.
- This was probably one of the best of its kind, but it was by no means atypical.
- If you've visited more than a few schools, you know this picture is not atypical.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.