In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1casa de subastas femininecasa de remates feminine Latin America
- The auction house is expecting more than 100 people to attend.
- The online auction house was at one stage valued at £2 billion.
- He started his first general bookstore in 1937 and a book auction house in 1941.
- Each auction house has gambled millions of dollars guaranteeing owners minimum prices, whether their artworks sell or not.
- But he didn't mention that he intended to open an auction house of his own in India, though he must have been planning it for some time.
- A cigar box used by the wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill has sold for £2,600 at a Swindon auction house.
- Both buyer and seller pay the auction house a considerable commission for effecting the transaction.
- For a twice-yearly auction event, an auction house receives about 500-600 paintings to select.
- I didn't hassle the auction house for my money at first because it was only £60, but when nothing came after a month I looked into it.
- A spokesman for the auction house said that hundreds of different lots were presented for sale every week around the world and there were very few complaints.
- The auction house said it was arguably the most important item of football history ever to be offered for sale
- ‘Our mission from day one was to create an international auction house from Scotland,’ he says.
- The auction house refused to discuss the matter last week.
- There is a phenomenal interest in these posters and the auction house has been fielding inquiries from collectors all around the country.
- The auction house had received interest from collectors around the world.
- On the subject of buying and selling, there are now several online entities that can trade without using an auction house or merchant.
- The lighter collection is so large that the auction house is splitting it up.
- Learning to price is one of the key benefits of working at an auction house.
- But when the painting of the young man came up for bid, no one was interested, and the painting remained with the auction house.
- It is the second time the auction house has sold the belongings of the Italian designer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.