In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subastador masculinesubastadora femininerematador masculine Latin Americarematadora feminine Latin America
- Dealers had different means of signalling their intentions to an auctioneer.
- Only a handful of auctioneers in Dublin sell computer equipment from liquidations or receiverships.
- The book was sold by Edinburgh auctioneers to an American collector.
- The property will be sold by top auctioneers at a London hotel on May 19.
- You can pick up a bargain at an auction, but this can be risky as auctioneers can refuse to accept responsibility for the quality of goods they auction.
- Brokers and auctioneers profit by charging a small fee for each transaction completed using their services.
- Then, with a final stroke of his gavel, the auctioneer declared that the auction was over.
- Guidelines have been given to auctioneers and estate agents to prevent money laundering.
- The entire sale was conducted by the auctioneers giving a verbal description of the stock and taking bids from the rows of seated buyers.
- The auctioneer who conducted the sale of the island, refused to comment.
- Dealing only with the auctioneer and solicitors, they had no idea who the owners of the land were.
- He said he had commissioned an auctioneer to estimate the value of renting these bays.
- Baker had instructed auctioneers to sell certain goods.
- Check what methods of payment the auctioneer will accept for the property.
- This is the second attempt by the auctioneers to sell the properties.
- This understanding can be confirmed by the vendor and the auctioneer.
- Few auctioneers or estate agents claim that the region's unique status has had a major influence on land prices.
- Some auctioneers call for high opening bids and if you are the first bidder and no-one else joins in you may pay over the odds
- The search is on for an experienced auctioneer who can help a group of amateur artists sell their work for charity.
- Conducting the auction of a property, the auctioneer noticed an agent talking to his client on his mobile phone.
- When houses are on the market, owners are advised by auctioneers to invest time and money into the garden.
- The internet has also benefited many local auctioneers and estate agents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.