In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, we believe most engineers would have discounted adverse effects from audio frequency magnetic fields at a distance of 60 to 70 metres.
- One objection that had been raised in the past is that this rate is too slow for motors to cause oscillations at audio frequencies.
- Such a signal resides in the audio frequency band.
- Now, the station's six o'clock newscast can be heard in Spanish Monday through Friday on a separate audio frequency on newer TVs and VCRs.
- It is designed to faithfully reproduce and amplify analog signals well beyond the normal audio frequency range of 20 to 20k Hz.
- Spectrogram analyses of the audio frequency of the imitations were nearly perfect matches to the original sounds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.