1to augur well/ill
- this vote does not augur well or augurs ill for the government — esta votación es mala señal / mal augurio para el gobierno
- This talented side have a remarkable success rate this season which augurs well for football in the club over the coming years.
- This year it was the young players who formed the backbone of the team, which is great to see and augurs well for the future of golf in Swinford.
- This augurs well for strengthening domestic demand next year.
- Those events certainly did not augur well for the success of the project.
- He said that both sides' willingness to talk augured well for a peaceful outcome.
- The victory augurs well for the upcoming championship in August.
- Indeed, to have an operation begin with a helicopter crash does not augur well for its outcome.
- This augurs well for our continuing expansion in the future.
- This was a fine performance by the Chamber of Commerce president and certainly augurs well for her future political prospects.
- Initial feedback from participants was very positive and augurs well for the future of a great event.
- But the fact that there are young men and women in India prepared to dedicate their creative energies to this sort of publishing augurs well.
- This augurs well for the future of its political landscape.
- This augurs well for a party seeking to be elected into government.
- This augurs well for dialogue and understanding.
- This is a remarkable and welcome achievement that augurs well for the industry.
- This also augurs well for the future of education in Radcliffe as a whole.
- Unfortunately, announcements made in the past few weeks do not augur well for the future.
- All augurs well for great racing at Killarney in the years ahead.
- The precedent it set does not augur well for future similar elections.
- This is just the second camp organised by this club and a turnout of 120 young children certainly augurs well for its continued success.
- Of course, they augured stuff by poking around in crow guts too, so that's how much they knew.