In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1auditivoaural comprehension — comprensión auditiva feminine
- A delightful film, it takes you on an aural and visual tour of a small rural community at the height of summer.
- Whilst men generally rely on visual stimulation for their kicks, women prefer aural pleasure.
- Sellers faced an even bigger hurdle: he was moving from an aural medium to a visual one.
- A Sense of Place will create a fascinating aural impression of Oxfordshire.
- It's true what they say about heightened aural perception when you're deprived of your other senses.
- So the audience would have different visual experiences, but a shared aural experience.
- Another option is a digital aural thermometer that measures the temperature in the ear.
- Without doubt, especially during training, aural and other forms of fine sensory feedback are needed.
- I hope that will not be the last time I shall experience such aural enjoyment.
- Yet visual primacy is often at the cost of more effective aural forms of communication.
- No performer, teacher, or leader of an ensemble could function properly without a high degree of aural perception.
- Questions were geared both to general knowledge and to specific points requiring the use of visual and aural memory.
- By this stage it was obvious the concert was as much a visual as an aural treat.
- Cases of deafness were reported in medical journals, as well as aural cavity damage from the insertion of mini headphones.
- The day begins violently with the aural attack of The Alarm Clock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.