In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Any alteration to the facial contour due to a defect of the auricular skeleton usually causes dissatisfaction with one's physical appearance combined with deep psychological damage.
- [Improvement of blood pressure and left cardiac function in patients with hypertension by auricular acupuncture].
- In addition to offering many opportunities for individual auricular confessions, twice or three times a year the parish offered the opportunity for communal services of forgiveness.
- Soft tissue infection is an acceptable, if not expected, complication of piercing, but high ear piercing often results in auricular perichondritis.
- Blood was drawn from the central auricular artery.
- The ear is supplied by the greater auricular, lesser occipital, and auriculotemporal nerves, and the mastoid branches of the lesser occipital nerve.
- Which one of the following antibiotic groups is the best first-line oral therapy for infections associated with piercings of the auricular cartilage?
- Future research may indicate that patients with severe post auricular pain, dense palsy, or herpes zoster virus do better with higher dose antiviral therapy from the outset.
- Based on our data, auricular acupuncture seems to offer a valuable alternative therapy for female infertility due to hormone disorders.
- Reconstruction was performed using either sural nerve or great auricular nerve in 8 of 10 patients.
- In auricular diagnosis one can identify subtle problems of the body by detecting areas of the ear which are discoloured, flaky, or have tenderness or high skin conductance.
- Failure to do so will constitute evidence that you have not truly heard, or may even be incapable of hearing - a modern auricular disorder that will require immediate professional intervention.
- A major omission seems to be the investigation for an auricular origin of the cough, particularly in children.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.