In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1British(Australian)australiano masculineaustraliana feminine
- Finally, the Aussies are not only the best side in the world, but probably the best ever.
- I actually began to feel sorry for the Aussies, who were a great bunch of lads.
- Although, the Aussies probably wouldn't mind now they've had a chance to get used to it.
- This means the Aussies will guarantee themselves a medal if they win one game in the playoffs.
- However, the Aussies are well aware they are an indispensable part of the Scottish tourist industry.
- An Ozzie traveller complained to me that the only theft he had encountered was in youth hostels, and even then it was a piece of cheese from the fridge.
- It was a little disheartening when the Aussies got the first penalty points on the board.
- Do any of you sometimes think Aussies take sport a little too seriously?
- The Aussies travel to Germany to play Argentina on June 18 and Tunisia three days later.
- Best thing was that even the Aussies thought they were going to lose.
- This is despite England's brave attempt to bring the Aussies to the brink of defeat.
- The Aussies ' opening try in the first few minutes silenced the crowds - but only for a moment.
- He was keeping his fingers crossed that he will make the final line-up against the Aussies at the home of cricket.
- You name the sport and the Aussies are in the Top League or very close to the world's best.
- It should be remembered that England are the only country to have got anywhere near beating the Ozzies for a year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.