In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tipo de fútbol con dieciocho jugadores por equipo que se juega con un balón ovalado, en un campo ovalado
- In Australia his sport was rugby and Australian Rules football.
- This was a wonderful game of Australian Rules football.
- Unlike their male counterparts, the women compete against teams from all Australian Rules football-playing states and the standard of play will only improve with the experience.
- Last I heard, he was playing in the British Australian Rules Football League in London.
- Victoria is also ‘footy’ country, and Melbourne is the capital for Australian Rules football, a fast-paced game played on an oval.
- This section of the paper will provide information concerning collective bargaining agreements in Australian Rules football, soccer, rugby union, and cricket.
- I played my first ever game of Australian Rules football on the Foundry Ground in Kalgoorlie.
- Played under Compromise Rules, the game was one-half under Gaelic Rules and one-half under Australian Rules and the oval ball.
- In season, I follow Australian Rules and Rugby League with a keen interest.
- Melbourne hosts up to five top class games of Australian Rules every weekend during the season, which runs from March to September.
- He is not only one of the finest players, and coaches, in the history of Australian Rules, he is also one of its most constructive thinkers and finest ambassadors.
- Power admitted he didn't find the game ‘that physical,’ even though he accepts that side of the game is second nature to Australian Rules players.
- My dad, who was hopeless at cricket, played Australian Rules football to a very high standard and, from the age of six, I often went along to watch him train.
- In Australian Rules, every time a goal is kicked the ball is returned to the centre of the field and bounced again to restart the game.
- In the southern and western states of Australia: Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart - there is the game of Australian Rules football.
- Gary helps his local Australian Rules football team win the championship by accident.
- Tasmanian friends remember him as a keen, if rowdy, Australian Rules football player who thought nothing of sprinting the length of the field to support his team-mates in a melee.
- Are they still relevant to the games of Australian Rules and Rugby League?
- I remember my under 14's coach repeating time and time again that Australian Rules is a team sport.
- Here is a list of my favourite things I love to see at a game of Australian Rules.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.