In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(permission)autorización feminineauthorization for sth/to + inf — autorización para algo/ para + inf
- The Committee and the City met on September 21, at which time the Committee presented the City with copies of the authorizations signed by the Sandy Beach leaseholders.
- If Congress acts and the president signs the annual budget authorizations, then you'll see how meaningless that deal really is.
- Customers will sign authorisations and receipts on a touch-sensitive pad.
- Despite having all the appropriate authorisations in their possession, they were unable to produce the program for which they had travelled to the country.
- The authorizations were personally signed by him.
- To ensure the quality, traders should be asked to obtain necessary authorisation.
- But he Eriksson has alleged the pictures were obtained without his authorisation.
- If the patient decides against the treatment, authorisation and, hence consent, is withheld.
- The occupation forces can therefore continue their activities with formal authorization.
- Companies can only market products if they have authorisation to do so from the Licensing Authority.
- At no time did he acknowledge a need to obtain congressional authorization.
- The governor had contended that he wouldn't even need court authorization.
- The preference of the attending physician and wishes of the family determine whether authorization is obtained.
- As a result, third parties may not transform or alter a work without the author's authorization.
- Secondly, I think that it's on very, very shaky ground without constitutional authorization.
- If he was against the war, then why did he vote for its authorization?
- For example, a pathologist will not need to obtain authorization if the research is limited to autopsy samples.
- This authorisation is obtained by way of ministerial decree.
- And he revealed police obtained authorisation to secretly record conversations between the two men in a cell.
- The commissioners in each community were also duly informed and their authorization obtained.
- They had obtained authorization to do the foundation earthwork for the school buildings.
- Approval and authorization was obtained from the Director of Bilingual Education.
- Therefore, the search was in his opinion warrantless and unreasonable even though judicial authorization had been obtained.
- The problem here is whether the police force have obtained the proper authorization to monitor innocent people.
- Both parties involved would need to attend one of the specialist register offices in person to obtain authorisation.
2(giving permission)autorización feminineauthorization of the demolition work — la autorización de las obras de demolición
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.