1(demonstration/publication) autorizar(budget/funds) aprobar(check/transaction) autorizar
- A leaked memo indicates the police were authorized to use lethal force if they felt threatened.
- The person in possession, however, may authorise others to give permission to enter.
- The only exception is when the sign is authorised by law or has planning permission.
- Congress argued about and approved a resolution authorizing war.
- Francis authorized the stadium official at the scene to allow the game to proceed.
- The majority held that the warrant did not authorize the officers to search anyone but the drug dealer himself.
- The estate agent hadn't been authorised by the solicitor to release the keys to us yet.
- If they obstructed the inspections, then the UN might sanction forcing the issue by authorizing an attack.
- The police then use that knowledge to get a warrant authorizing them to search a physical place for evidence of the crime.
- I would not have voted to authorize use of force had the intelligence not been as substantial as it was.
- The force will be authorised during its three-month mission to shoot to kill if necessary.
- When he asked the police if they had an official document authorising this surveillance, they refused to reply.
- In a society ruled by law, the use of public power should be authorized and permitted by laws.
- The broker then authorizes his agents in the United States to pay for the goods the importers have ordered.
- All official labor unions there are authorized by the government and do not oppose official policies.
- Some Democrats who voted to authorize the use of force are now rewriting the past.
- However, they cannot authorize projects without the approval of the appropriate ethics committee.
- Anyone wanting to take pictures has to get written permission and wear a sticker showing they are authorised.
- How did you reach the decision to oppose authorizing the use of force?
- The previous government had already issued an order authorising its demolition.
2(empower)to authorize sb to + inf — autorizar a algn para + inf
- I hereby authorize John James to receive the sum on my behalf — por la presente autorizo a John James para recibir la suma de dinero en mi nombre
- you are not authorized to enter this area — usted no está autorizado / no tiene autorización para entrar en esta zona
3authorized past participle(procedure) autorizadoauthorized agent — agente oficial masculine
- authorized dealer — distribuidor autorizado
- authorized capital — capital social
- [ S ]authorized parking only — (estacionamiento / aparcamiento) reservado
- [ S ]authorized personnel only — prohibida la entrada a personas no autorizadas