In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Long before its formal recognition in 1943, the concept of autism appeared in folklore.
- They are reported to have discovered a possible link between fatty acid deficiency and childhood autism.
- Public awareness of autism has increased over recent years, yet early recognition of autism remains variable.
- It may also play a role in disorders such as autism, where people have difficulties forming social bonds.
- It's crucial to have a clear, early diagnosis of autism if sufferers and their families are to be helped.
- Eight months ago, he joined the growing epidemic of children diagnosed with autism.
- Again, even if such peptides are discovered, their relationship to autism remains entirely speculative.
- But when he was a toddler, he was diagnosed as having a relatively mild form of autism.
- Children with conditions like cerebral palsy, autism and learning difficulties benefit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.