In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It may also play a role in disorders such as autism, where people have difficulties forming social bonds.
- Public awareness of autism has increased over recent years, yet early recognition of autism remains variable.
- Eight months ago, he joined the growing epidemic of children diagnosed with autism.
- Children with conditions like cerebral palsy, autism and learning difficulties benefit.
- But when he was a toddler, he was diagnosed as having a relatively mild form of autism.
- Long before its formal recognition in 1943, the concept of autism appeared in folklore.
- They are reported to have discovered a possible link between fatty acid deficiency and childhood autism.
- It's crucial to have a clear, early diagnosis of autism if sufferers and their families are to be helped.
- Again, even if such peptides are discovered, their relationship to autism remains entirely speculative.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.