In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Back then, David, who is severely autistic, was well enough to go to the park with his twin sister Ali.
- In facilitated communication a "facilitator" holds the hand of an autistic partner who types messages on a keyboard.
- A mother bemoaned the layoff of the untenured special ed teacher who had taught her autistic child.
- You've also been in studies of the parents of autistic children.
- The model train's friendly face, with its exaggerated smile, also helps autistic children's understanding of emotion.
- The thing everyone wants to talk about is the theme: how to cope with an autistic child.
- The aim of the study was simply to understand the basic mechanisms causing individual differences in autistic traits in an otherwise typical sample.
- Asperger's syndrome is a form of autism used to describe people usually at the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum.
- Transformed here into a gawky, convincing autistic individual, she is mesmerizing.
- Almost everyone with Asperger's also fits the profile of the more classic autistic disorder.
- In the study, a total of 26 autistic children received an individual programme tailored to their own needs.
- Whether we are autistic or not, everyone should treat others with respect.
- In Pennsylvania, the search for a missing autistic boy continues.
- Now two groups have independently reported abnormalities of blood flow in the temporal lobes of autistic children.
- No distinguishable cluster of events occurred among children hospitalized for autistic disorders.
- I was seeking a novel therapy for my 42-year-old autistic younger brother Noah.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.