In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autobiografía feminineI like reading autobiography — me gusta leer autobiografías
- The relation between autobiography and your writing is a complicated one.
- The blues sounded like autobiography, like ordinary people telling the story of their lives.
- I'm always reluctant to do so because I don't want this blog to turn into autobiography by other means.
- Although he claims that his films should not be read as autobiography, he is a past master at transforming his life into art.
- It is part autobiography, part history, part psychological investigation of the Scottish character.
- It went right across the board - from literary fiction to celebrity autobiography.
- In four volumes of autobiography and three books of journals he distilled much of the flavour of each decade of a remarkable century.
- It is a unique record that pushes at the boundaries of autobiography and fiction.
- The details, he says, are pretty much straight autobiography, the sentiments also.
- Her art combines romantic autobiography and detached conceptualism.
- He then adds in elements of autobiography, fragments of myth and history and a dose of magic realism.
- If all fiction is autobiography, then we must suggest that perhaps all autobiography is fiction.
- Indeed there is probably more fiction in autobiography than there is autobiography in fiction.
- This is autobiography, and since when have we been worried about autobiography being indulgent?
- I'm of another party, the one that says all autobiography is fiction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.