In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Grafts may be made of prosthetic material or autogenous veins.
- Blood samples from dogs after autogenous blood transfusions served as controls.
- New orthopedic options using autogenous tissue to repair articular cartilage defects of the knee are emerging.
- Because autogenous vaccines frequently contain high levels of endotoxin and other by-products found in the culture, they should be used with caution.
- Most clinical reports within the past 30 years state that autogenous vein is the grafting material of choice in traumatic wounds.
- Many autogenous (or materials that come from the patient) can be utilized.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.