- Grafts may be made of prosthetic material or autogenous veins.
- Blood samples from dogs after autogenous blood transfusions served as controls.
- New orthopedic options using autogenous tissue to repair articular cartilage defects of the knee are emerging.
- Because autogenous vaccines frequently contain high levels of endotoxin and other by-products found in the culture, they should be used with caution.
- Most clinical reports within the past 30 years state that autogenous vein is the grafting material of choice in traumatic wounds.
- Many autogenous (or materials that come from the patient) can be utilized.