In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Design automation vendors are arguing that staff shortages are pushing customers to look at greater levels of automation.
- We made a significant investment in automation and moved away from manual processes.
- Only automation can help keep manufacturing in the UK, and that will not do much for bulk jobs when the upturn resumes.
- The introduction of automation rapidly improved working conditions and productivity levels.
- We shouldn't make a fetish out of speed and automation, especially when we ignore fairness, accuracy, and security.
- Well, now it looks like even seeing-eye dogs are being put out of work by automation.
- The increased use of automation can also be expected to be a factor in this market segment.
- We had to do it in such a way that we used automation and our Web site to keep costs down.
- As industry was modernized by automation and computerization, workers' skills became outdated or unwanted.
- This automation will greatly reduce the manual editing that might be still required.
- Better solutions for both of these examples would be to leave the human process untouched and augment the system with automation.
- She investigated the possibilities of voice recognition software and electronic note automation.
- Among recent projects listed on the website is a system for casino automation.
- It is not just that automation makes these tasks cheaper or faster, but that it makes them possible at all.
- Quicker decisions will be made through greater automation of the application process.
- In contrast, automation allows the outputs of one stage to be transformed into the inputs for the next, without loss.
- Are you taking advantage of the powerful automation technology available on the Internet?
- Once this had been achieved it became possible to introduce more and more automation in the performance of the functions of the assembly line.
- A high degree of automation is possible with some types of irrigation equipment.
- Makers of hand-held computers and office automation equipment are buying the chips, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.