In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piloto automático masculine
- She switched onto autopilot as the woman showed her the dress and the shoes.
- For one thing, during their morning and evening commutes, people switch on a kind of autopilot.
- Because the autopilot can compensate for the accumulating ice up to a point, the pilot may not realize that there is a problem.
- If a plane deviates from its flight path, the autopilot would take over and bring the plane back on course.
- He got to his feet as quickly as he could, staggered then made his way to the console and tried to turn off the autopilot.
- Kyuna switched over to autopilot and allowed herself to slip into a trance-like state as she listened to the music.
- Autopilots land planes better than pilots do - autopilots have landed planes with only one wing.
- Modern tractors, equipped with global positioning devices and autopilots, allow a single operator to farm several thousand acres without a hired hand.
- He engaged the autopilot and glanced at Carly, who sat quietly in the copilot seat.
- On autopilot, I picked up my dress with my free hand and began walking with Andrew.
- The autopilot can fly an airplane once in the air and land it, but it cannot be used during takeoff.
- I immediately disconnected the autopilot and scanned the engine instruments.
- With lightening speed the big man's combat instincts switched to autopilot.
- The autopilot helps fly the airplane while the pilots run the appropriate checklists.
- Some were even equipped with an autopilot to help the pilot during the long passages to and from the target.
- The only sleep he managed to get was some short naps while on autopilot.
- If you want to turn off the autopilot and start taking control of your life it takes only one moment to make the decision.
- The musicians seem to have set their instruments on autopilot and taken the day off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.