In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autopsia feminineto perform / carry out an autopsy on sb — hacerle la autopsia a algn
- Medical examiners frequently perform autopsies if a death is deemed suspicious or unexplained.
- He developed his life-long dedication to tuberculosis while doing autopsies as a medical student.
- He rejected speculation that a way of killing that could not be detected in an autopsy had already been discovered.
- Police have not released the cause of death although an autopsy was completed Wednesday.
- They visit scenes of death and attend autopsies, take witness statements and liaise between traumatised relatives, police, solicitors and doctors.
- There are two basic kinds of autopsy: the forensic autopsy and the medical autopsy.
- But there are virtually no autopsies of these deaths.
- The autopsy has contributed to the discovery of new or unrecognized diseases and will continue to do so.
- The county coroner carried out an autopsy and his verdict on the cause of death was given in January of this year.
- They reviewed the verbal autopsies and determined the cause of death for the study.
- An autopsy into his death revealed the cyclist suffered a heart attack following severe swelling of the heart and brain.
- All fatal cases have been confirmed by medical records, autopsy report, or death certificate.
- All autopsies were carried out by pathologists at the Health Sciences Authority.
- A spokesman for the Foreign Office said it was thought his death was from natural causes and an autopsy would be carried out.
- About 18% of autopsies reveal potentially treatable contributing factors to death.
- Medical Examiners are pathologists who have special training in death investigation and legal autopsies.
- To discuss the events at the death scene and closely examine the autopsy report is distressing to the families.
- The autopsy found that death was due to cerebral and pulmonary oedema.
- Medical examiners spent the night doing autopsies to determine if the deaths were criminal or accidental.
- This was nearly two months after the autopsies ruled the deaths to be ‘homicides’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.