In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vengador masculinevengadora feminine
- Unfortunately, the situation is not changing for the better and not even the ‘masked avengers of neo-liberal capitalism’ are going to right the wrongs of the world.
- The violence continued sporadically for months; and months after it had died down, anonymous avengers riposted with a cycle of bomb blasts, a horrific postscript to the slaughter.
- For years I had recurring nightmares of giant, bucktoothed avengers chasing me over endless fields pitted with gopher holes the size of bomb craters.
- I don't think I would have gone down in the annals of legendary avengers against evil.
- Second, the apparent willingness to kill very large numbers of wholly innocent humans would reduce the avengers to the same moral level as the terrorists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.