In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1influenza aviar feminine
- Since it first emerged in 1997, avian influenza has become deadlier and more resilient.
- Unlike the recent outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, the threat from avian influenza was well understood.
- Today there have been a handful of human to human transmissions of avian influenza.
- So are we all now at risk from avian influenza?
- The 2004 animal survey placed special emphasis on surveying bird populations for signs of avian influenza.
- The European Commission yesterday ordered a ban on all imports of birds and feathers from Turkey amid new fears over avian influenza.
- But what effect is avian influenza having on the world's birds?
- Wild birds were the main source of avian influenza, but live poultry markets in Asia provided the virus with a breeding ground.
- She likely was infected by chickens at a neighbor's house, where 20 birds had died of avian influenza, Thai officials said.
- At the same time an Indonesian government official says Indonesians should just accustom themselves to getting sick from H5N1 avian influenza.
- Fewer than a dozen cats are known to have become infected with avian influenza.
- An outbreak of avian influenza is ravaging the poultry industry in South East Asia.
- Avian influenza (bird flu) is an infection caused by contagious viruses that are common among birds.
- The countryside will not be closed down in the event of an outbreak of avian influenza.
- The birds are being culled following an outbreak of avian influenza, commonly known as bird flu.
- Avian influenza has killed 18 people and ravaged poultry farms in 10 Asian nations and territories.
- Traditional vaccines cannot be made to combat either H5 or H7 avian influenza.
- Poultry vaccines can prevent healthy chickens from contracting deadly strains of avian influenza, Dutch researchers report.
- Avian influenza, unlike SARS, can pass through gauze face masks.
- "The threat of avian influenza still exists," said Sir John.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.