In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The civil aviation authority has no real powers other than the civil and commercial air-traffic.
- He's given in to the persistent, powerful and rich aviation industry lobby.
- One of the most exciting and emerging fields of engineering is aviation and aerospace.
- The aviation industry must pay its way for the environmental damage it causes.
- The world of business aviation has honoured the battling boss of Southend Airport with its highest award.
- So what happened for a helicopter deemed by aviation experts to be one of the safest to just drop out of the sky on a clear July evening?
- It was one of the most bewildering incidents in aviation history during the Pacific War.
- The Shoreham Aircraft Museum will also be present for those interested in aviation history.
- The aircraft has an unrivalled safety record throughout the world of aviation.
- What magic might he have worked had he lived into the age of electricity and aviation?
- Areas of particular interest will include passenger road transport and aviation.
- You have to look hard, but Scotland still has a niche in the worldwide civil aviation industry.
- The aviation industry is in a constant state of change and the future appears uncertain.
- My little part of aviation starts on downwind and ends when you turn off on a taxiway.
- These are only the first steps needed to begin reviving our sick aviation industry.
- Police, aviation inspectors and the owners of the aircraft inspect the site of the crash.
- Now, that doesn't mean six years of aviation school - but look at it this way.
- Cathay is applying to Chinese aviation authorities for approval to fly to Beijing.
- It is easy to see why wrecks of this nature are attractive to aircraft restorers and aviation museums.
- It is expected to make the airport match international aviation safety standards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.