In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Still, this is a minor caveat in a potentially award-winning campaign.
- The award-winning firm intends to restore the Midland as a hotel, retaining many of its original features.
- The latest edition of an award-winning York student newspaper has been scrapped after a threat of legal action.
- This award-winning comedy tells the tale of what happens when a Hollywood film crew moves into a sleepy Irish village.
- In recent years, smoking has been confined to a 16-seat bay in the award-winning buffet car.
- I suppose the best way to describe this award-winning crime novel is to call it a ‘caper’.
- The award-winning Great British Circus is one of only a handful of UK shows still using animals in its acts.
- The magical evening was completed with a curry at the nearby award-winning Indian restaurant, Encore.
- On one property the team discovered a farmer who had locked himself in his house in a desperate bid to save his award-winning bulls.
- There's also a unique award-winning restaurant as well as three suites.
- The managers of two award-winning Scottish pubs last night admitted that much of the criticism was justified.
- But the museum's award-winning vivarium has succeeded in breeding the rare species.
- An award-winning police chief from Brentwood is swapping his baton for a marking pen as he embarks on training to be a teacher.
- Among the old buildings is the award-winning Hest Bank Hotel, whose fine food pulls in diners from near and far.
- These award-winning chips are available with a choice of cheese, boli, curry or chilli on top and are fantastic.
- Soon, he and his award-winning team of craftsmen and women will forge this unyielding piece of metal into a perfect oval.
- A Keighley detective is the new head of the district's award-winning police anti-drugs team.
- The generosity of comedian Peter Kay helped launch a Blackburn animator on the road to an award-winning career.
- An award-winning poet of Wardle's quality deserves a successful team to write about.
- Their award-winning work included a series of investigations into serious failings at care homes in the region.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.