In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conciencia feminineawareness of sth
- she has no awareness of the problem/other people's feelings — no es consciente del problema/de los sentimientos de los demás
- we want to increase public awareness of the dangers of smoking — queremos que haya una mayor conciencia de los peligros del tabaco
- At the same time, a number of authors suggest that vulnerability to vicarious traumatization arises through that very experience of awareness.
- That is not directly addressed in the bill, and I hope the Minister has some awareness of it.
- Learn to change your state of mind in meditation, turning awareness within to your spiritual nature, the radiance within you.
- Like her male counterpart, she always seems to have an affecting awareness of her sidekick status.
- Needless to say, I have a great awareness of the walking wounded.
- Changes to pension schemes are very damaging for staff morale and given much greater employer awareness, could also lead to deteriorating industrial relations.
- The body is an organism with an intense awareness of itself.
- Dave agreed the experience had made him want to promote awareness of the cancer.
- Therapists help children develop self-esteem and awareness, improve their social skills and gain confidence through painting, drawing and self-expression.
- Once the initial awareness of nakedness had been absorbed, the mind settles down serenely to watch the dance.
- The awareness of death is an invisible attractor that draws me to what is important in my life.
- That can be settled, I shall say, only by the awareness of God.
- He has the qualifications, reputation and awareness of what should, and should not, be.
- The principal requirements for achieving network-centric warfare are a network and shared awareness.
- And just as individuals can be depressed, so can whole families, often without their awareness.
- In further opposition to the posthuman discourse, Richard also comes to the awareness of the importance of the complex space of the body.
- Spirituality is about growing in awareness.
- Perhaps they are hiding their light under a bushel, since there is such minimal evidence of awareness in the wild.
- Tell me about your first awareness of the Lazarus story.
- Let your morality come out of your own awareness rather than out of conditioning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.