In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(salto m) axel masculine
- The second strategic mistake was the absence of a triple axel combination or quadruple toe loop attempt in the free skate.
- We have side-by-side triple toes, triple salchows, and double axels already and a throw double salchow.
- She has also experimented with quadruple jumps, including the quad salchow, but indicated that the triple axel is easier for her.
- He is also using the triple axel / triple toe loop in his long program and is working on the quadruple salchow and quadruple flip.
- I did some triple jumps, everything but the lutz and the axel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.