- It's in the Soviet Caucasus, around the Azerbaijani city of Baku.
- Yusuf, the son of Azerbaijani parents, grew up Britain and studied classical music at the Royal Academy.
- Although his new job in London appeared less swashbuckling than his Azerbaijani adventures, he infused it with Bond-like flair.
- In the end, the camera pulls far back to reveal the entire, vividly colored Azerbaijani rug, which is rotated until only a thin line remains, then flipped to reveal the underside.
- It would only prove profitable if, beside Azerbaijani oil, it were also used to carry oil from Kazakhstan, which is presently transported by ship or by a further pipeline via the Caspian Sea.
- The firm's Managing Director has just returned from a nine-week trip to the Azerbaijani capital Baku where he was involved in training oil workers.
- The Azerbaijani soprano Elena Zelenskaya sings the title role.
- THE Azerbaijani government yesterday announced seven days of mourning to honour former president Geidar Aliev and said he would be buried in a state funeral in the capital Baku tomorrow.
- The abnormal object has caused interest not only by the people of Baku, but also Azerbaijani experts.
- Still she did not neglect her heritage, and the four works on this CD are a very attractive and convincing synthesis of Western innovation and experimentation, and Azerbaijani tradition.
- Traditional carpet weaving is a large component of Azerbaijani commerce.
- The traditional start to an Azerbaijani meal is simplicity itself: fresh vegetables and herbs - radishes, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, watercress, coriander, and so on.
- One of the most famous Azerbaijani legends is about an ancient tower, called Maiden's Tower.
- The Improvised Music Company's world music season begins with an Azerbaijani singer, Alim Qasimov.
- She also notes that several top officials hold dual U.S.- Azerbaijani citizenship.
- Western television programs are well liked among the Azerbaijanis, as are Russian and Turkish programs.
- Under the Russian Empire, Azerbaijanis were known collectively as Tatars and/or Muslims, together with the rest of the Turkic population in that area.
- There are at least thirty-five non-Turkish ethnic groups, including other Turkic peoples who speak different Turkic languages, such as the Uygurs, Kirgiz, Kazaks, Uzbeks, Balkar, and Azerbaijanis.
- Studying at the Baku Conservatory, she became a masterful pianist, and introduced fellow Azerbaijanis to progressive or even avant-garde music that was unknown in the republic at the time.
- Earlier this year, under Carlos Alberto, the Azerbaijanis embarked upon an unprecedented five-match unbeaten run - ended only by defeat in Austria last month.
- The Azerbaijanis speak a Turkish dialect known as Azeri.