In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Yusuf, the son of Azerbaijani parents, grew up Britain and studied classical music at the Royal Academy.
- She also notes that several top officials hold dual U.S.- Azerbaijani citizenship.
- It would only prove profitable if, beside Azerbaijani oil, it were also used to carry oil from Kazakhstan, which is presently transported by ship or by a further pipeline via the Caspian Sea.
- The abnormal object has caused interest not only by the people of Baku, but also Azerbaijani experts.
- Still she did not neglect her heritage, and the four works on this CD are a very attractive and convincing synthesis of Western innovation and experimentation, and Azerbaijani tradition.
- The Improvised Music Company's world music season begins with an Azerbaijani singer, Alim Qasimov.
- It's in the Soviet Caucasus, around the Azerbaijani city of Baku.
- THE Azerbaijani government yesterday announced seven days of mourning to honour former president Geidar Aliev and said he would be buried in a state funeral in the capital Baku tomorrow.
- The firm's Managing Director has just returned from a nine-week trip to the Azerbaijani capital Baku where he was involved in training oil workers.
- Traditional carpet weaving is a large component of Azerbaijani commerce.
- The Azerbaijani soprano Elena Zelenskaya sings the title role.
- In the end, the camera pulls far back to reveal the entire, vividly colored Azerbaijani rug, which is rotated until only a thin line remains, then flipped to reveal the underside.
- Although his new job in London appeared less swashbuckling than his Azerbaijani adventures, he infused it with Bond-like flair.
- The traditional start to an Azerbaijani meal is simplicity itself: fresh vegetables and herbs - radishes, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, watercress, coriander, and so on.
- One of the most famous Azerbaijani legends is about an ancient tower, called Maiden's Tower.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.