1.1(infant)bebé masculineniño masculineniña femininebebe masculine River Plate Perubeba feminine River Plate Peruguagua feminine AndesI'm going to have a baby — estoy embarazada
- I'm having a baby in May — espero un niño para mayo
- she's having the baby at home — va a tener el niño / a dar a luz en casa
- he cried like a baby — lloró como un niño
- don't be such a baby! — ¡no seas niño!
- This age range is the hardest to find carers for as most people choose to provide foster care for babies and young children.
- We breed, we make babies, the babies are either girls or boys.
- The father and mother held on to two babies while a young girl sat in front of them.
- This is to prevent staff and visitors from accidentally referring to boy babies as girls, and vice versa.
- Lydia didn't even want a baby; boy or girl, name or no name, what did it matter to her?
- The theme of ‘the four ages of dental health’ will explore problems faced by babies, children, teenagers and the elderly.
- As they looked at their tiny newborn babies, these brave young survivors felt a powerful surge of protection.
- You see babies and you see infants - tiny, tiny babies, some as young as a week old.
- Does smoking during pregnancy cause other problems in babies or young children?
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- The equipment and funds help save the lives of newborn babies and young children with congenital heart disease.
- Everywhere I go now I see young women, girls really, pushing babies around in prams and babycarts.
- The quadruplets, two boys and two girl babies, are also Niloufer Hospital's first.
- You know how to tell a boy baby from a girl baby without having to look at their genitalia?
- There were old and young people, little boys and girls, teenagers and babies in prams.
- I suppose there may have been men, women, girls, boys, babies among them, but I saw no faces.
- I decided to make up names for the family; pretend they were mine, the girl and the babies were my younger siblings, and the man and woman were my mother and father.
- And she opens up to showbiz tonight about being grandma to Gwyneth Paltrow's baby daughter.
- They now believe even younger babies, even tinier tots can be encouraged to give life a go.
- Because of the children and the difficulties of taking a tiny baby and a young toddler together up and down the stairs, she did not get out much.
- My rabbit just had babies with his ‘brother’ - they are so unbelievably adorable!
- Penguin popularity shows its ‘fowl’ side as a baby penguin is plucked from a British zoo.
- A home for Kentucky Derby winners should be sunshine, bluegrass and pretty mares waiting to make babies who can fly.
- Why do most animals have their babies in the spring?
- She discovered the feral cat and its four babies after her bunny Starsky hopped up and down the garden to attract her attention.
- A camel gives birth to her baby, or colt - but won't suckle it.
- Alice told me she enjoyed meeting Mrs Gow and asked questions like how many babies do goats have and what do they eat.
- She said a box with a mother rabbit, her four babies and another adult female were found by her husband Mike when making final checks by the main gate at 2am yesterday.
- The breeder must be prepared to take full responsibility for their animal babies for their entire life.
- Hoss had figured out that human babies grew inside of their mothers' tummies, just as animal babies did, but as yet it had not occurred to him to ask how they got in there in the first place.
- And he accepted without censure that its impulse to slaughter the babies of other animals was entirely natural.
- But the doting couple are blissfully unaware that their baby is actually a GOOSE.
- It seems that she wants to keep him as her own toy, since her parents had previously promised her a lamb as a pet baby, and not given it to her.
- I asserted that rats were disinclined to move across broken glass under most conditions, but put broken glass between a rat and her babies and she would cross it without hesitation.
- The attraction's other Easter babies include wallabies, chicks, lambs, goats, guinea pigs, mara and raccoons.
- Three capybaras have been born at the popular animal park and the babies are now delighting visitors as they lap up the autumn sunshine.
- Very early on, with a new baby rabbit you should get it used to being handled.
- Nick pumps out mix compilations faster than bunny rabbits have babies.
1.3(youngest member)benjamín masculinebenjamina feminine
- He was only 12 and the baby of the family as our other children have all grown up and left home.
- This is what I get for being related to someone that is overly obsessed with what her peers think and is the baby of the family.
- Kevin hopes to have the baby of the family, the gallant John Joe, groomed for the next event.
- Still, for the baby of the family, most people prefer the cleanliness and purity of white.
- The Range Rover badge carries with it a lot of prestige and, while this is the baby of the family, it's still more desirable than anything from Japan.
- Thérèse had been the adored baby of her family, instructed every day by two elder sisters who proceeded her into the Carmelite convent in Lisieux.
- Sharon was the baby of the family.
- Two have already left home and the baby in our family is 13.
- Nesbitt was the baby of the family growing up in Antrim.
- His dad had remarried and Sykes was no longer the baby of the family: he now had a half-brother, John.
- Here, Washoe was no longer the baby of the family but was now living with chimpanzees a few years younger than herself.
- He's from a family of five tennis players, Tracy Austin, the baby of the family.
- After years of being the baby of the family, I decided to meet my parents on neutral ground.
- The baby of the family has a picture of Denis over his own bed at home.
- She's telling me to acknowledge the sister and she's also bringing up the baby of the family.
- I'm the baby of my family too and I can sympathize on the younger cousin deal.
- Anne Marie has six brothers and three sisters and is the baby of the family.
- Despite this, he still towers over me, and I feel like the baby of the family as he walks over and gives me a quick, awkward hug.
- She is, after all, the baby of the family and she needs me the most.
- From what Jim told him, Hannah Dawson is the baby of the family.
2.1(girlfriend) nena feminine US informal(girlfriend) chica feminine US informal(boyfriend) chico masculine
- As for telling us to grow up and grow some hair, I'd love to, baby, I really would.
- I do love you baby.
- She was such a bright, vivacious person, my angel, my star, my baby.
2.2(girlfriend) nena(girlfriend) cariño(boyfriend) cariño
1(infant)baby boy — niño masculine
- baby girl — nena
- my baby brother/sister — mi hermanito/hermanita
- a baby bear — un osito
- Courgettes are actually baby marrows, just picked earlier from the plant.
- If you love to munch on baby carrots as snacks, dip them in reduced-fat dressing, she suggests.
- Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.
- Sometimes with deals like this, you are punished with minute servings, but the bowl was full of juicy baby mushrooms.
- Lunch could be salmon fillet with orange couscous and baby carrots.
- Next day I simply emptied the bag into the prepared pot, stirred to brown and then added two big sliced onions and a few diced baby carrots.
- In a pan of boiling water cook the baby potatoes for 10-12 mins until cooked through.
- Any vegetable producer tan package baby carrots or cut-up celery in individual portions.
- At this time of year garden centres have tray upon tray of baby vegetables all ready for planting out.
- Not the display case where you can buy fake nose rings and baby tees and mini glowsticks to roll around on your tongue.
- The shirt was a pink baby tee with a tiny pocket on the right side of my chest.
- Looking for a used grand or baby grand piano?
- We are the sole commercial outlet for the impressive GM6, which is a baby version of our popular GM2 gear motor.
- My son and I polished off the baby carrots and radishes before we even got home!
- If you want to be veggie, go for the selection of baby vegetables with garlic flavoured tomato concentrate.
- The spring veggies were another hit: baby carrots, asparagus, French greens and corn in light soy sauce.
- Good though it was, it was eclipsed by the fantastic tapering baby carrots on which it sat.
- And while I was there, I decided to pick up a few bags of pretzels and some of those baby carrots.
- The fish had a deliciously crispy skin, moist flesh and was served with baby onions and carrots.
- The only disappointment is the baby potatoes that were obviously frozen.
- Their food selection was fair and I eventually had a tuna steak with rice and baby carrots.
- So fill in by serving baby carrots or sliced red or green peppers or cucumbers with light ranch dressing.
- The cheddar mash had no overtly cheesy taste but was rich and creamy and the dish was served with a thick onion gravy, dotted with baby onions.
- The roasted baby onions added an extra sweet layer in an exceptionally moist duck for €22.95.
transitive verbbabies, babied, babying