In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mameluco masculine Latin Americapelele masculine Spainenterito masculine River Plateosito masculine Chile
- He admits the website - its merchandise includes T - shirts, wristbands and even Babygros - may seem twee.
- I was designing jeans and Babygros for chain stores, anoraks for C&A, and so on.
- At this, Gus sat back in his chair, put his hands behind his head and looked to a spot in the corner of the office between the drying Babygros.
- It is not until I get home that I realise the Babygro I selected for its cute, colourful animals also has the words to ‘Imagine’ written on it… ‘living life in peace.’
- It looks like a grown-up version of a Babygro but it's great for keeping your core warm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.