In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(holiday house)casita de veraneo feminine
- I have also heard, and certainly saw on our boat trip in, that there are many privately owned baches which can be rented.
- The seaside baches have become a lot bigger and more posh in the last 50 years than they used to be, and cost a lot more to buy.
- He spent all his time at the bach out on the deck or in the house reading, except when they entertained.
- Removal of the baches was required under the North Canterbury Conservation Board's 1998 plan for the reserve.
- Boatsheds were built along the lake edge at Kerr Bay and baches were built among the beech trees on the slopes above the bay.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.