In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1despedida de soltero feminine
- I had a terrible hangover after my bachelor party, which didn't help.
- The morning after his bachelor party he wakes up next to Julia, who was one of the ‘hula girls ‘hired for his stag extravaganza.’
- I knew we could get in a lot of golf, and though I hadn't been to Myrtle since a bachelor party 10 years ago, I figured we could do it comfortably under $2,000.
- The following Saturday night, we held the bachelor party.
- Later in the week, I was to attend a bachelor party for a friend of mine.
- Besides I've got a wedding to attend and as tradition has it a bachelor party to plan.
- And then of course the boys must attend the bachelor party, we wouldn't think of leaving you out!
- Alex has a bachelor party to attend on Saturday.
- I was at the bachelor party and while I was sitting, Ethan and I got in a discussion about marriage.
- There is to be a boys-only bachelor party tomorrow night, which I'll not be attending, opting instead for the co-ed festivities on Saturday.
- It might be easiest to make a slight compromise - remain in the wedding party but politely opt out of the bachelor party.
- Finding a tux, having a good stripper at the bachelor party and planning the honeymoon are the main points.
- Is this your pathetic idea of a bachelor party?
- I am getting married in two months, and I am scared to death that my future hubby will have a bachelor party in which the guys go to certain ‘clubs’ or they will have the entertainment brought in.
- No, I'm actually heading out in a few minutes to a bachelor party for one of my subcontractors.
- The likelihood of my friends thinking a strip club is good to place have a bachelor party is pretty strong.
- Did it hurt your feelings when your brothers didn't come to your bachelor party?
- The movie looks at one of the oldest and oddest of ‘civilized’ conventions: the bachelor party.
- When Paul wakes up in bed with Becky the morning after his bachelor party, it ignites a chain of slapstick events that force him to wonder if he's marrying the right woman.
- It's a cliche, but so are strippers at a bachelor party.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.