In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The living room has an open fire with a solid fuel back boiler, with an ornate cast iron surround and tile hearth.
- A large brick fireplace, which is fitted with a coal-effect gas fire and back boiler, provides a focal point.
- Neysa, 28, was two months pregnant when the back boiler at her home in Hodder Street, Accrington, broke in August.
- Every council home in Bolton that has a Baxi gas fire, back boiler, and flue system, will be checked.
- She bought it in 2000 for about £235,000, when it was still heated by a back boiler and scarcely inhabitable by today's standards.
- With pipes frozen, there was danger that the back boiler on his fire would explode.
- The agreement was to install full gas central heating with a boiler in the kitchen and replace the gas fire / back boiler in the living room with a standard gas fire’.
- The lounge has also maple flooring along with a feature fireplace with back boiler.
- There is an open fireplace with back boiler and the Belfast sink has a tiled drainer.
- The front door leads directly to a large living room which has an open fireplace with back boiler.
- This room has a back boiler in addition to the dual-system central heating.
- An integral back boiler provides domestic hot water and heats the radiators, which then provide central heating.
- We can't heat the house because we have back boilers and we can't light a fire when the power is out.
- Boilers can also be divided into floor-standing, wall-hung and back boilers.
- We had someone round last night to give us quote for new central heating, the current system is a very old back boiler system and is about as controllable as Lollypop!
- Business people found it were difficult to operate while householders were very worried that back boilers might explode.
- There is also a winter sitting room with back boiler and double doors leading to the back garden.
incorporada detrás de una chimenea
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.