In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rezagado masculinerezagada feminine
- How does a team explain to its sponsor that its driver will not be part of the weekly story line the rest of the season because he is now considered a backmarker?
- But I got held behind the backmarkers for a lot longer just because the car was not really good in traffic.
- But I was doing consistent lap-times, apart from when the backmarkers would not get out of the way.
- ‘Our car's only problem all day was when I ran wide into the gravel when a backmarker almost forced me off the track,’ he said.
- Since then his Tour had turned into a nightmare due to a chest infection that left him with coughing fits and brought him to the brink of quitting the race in the Pyrenees, where on one stage he spent 75 miles chasing the backmarkers.
- I lost about three seconds behind him and then a bit more with a backmarker getting in the way.
- Ryan was on newer tyres than me but I found out where he was quicker than me and used the backmarkers to keep a gap.
- However, back on the track the backmarkers were frustrating and I lost a lot of time.
- Unfortunately, on the last restart, I got caught behind a backmarker and dropped from third to seventh.
- As night fell, still the backmarkers persisted - ordinary people of all ages and backgrounds went on and on, some running, others shuffling and others walking, the body resisting, the mind rebelling, the inner battle unrelenting.
- The sight of the Brazilian's yellow helmet in the rear-view mirror struck fear into every backmarker.
- Some of the backmarkers were excellent today, actually just a couple of problems.
- But after I worked my way around some backmarkers, I could see the leaders!
- The sprint with its bonus may be the big attraction, but a backmarkers ' invitation race, 1600m open handicap and youths' 90m and 800m handicap races will also feature.
- A helicopter is commissioned to carry a race judge, solely to clamp down on backmarkers taking tows from cars in the convoy during the mountain stages.
- With about eight laps to go it started to get a little bit greasy out there, but the whole idea of trying to run fast at the start is to make a lead so you can control the backmarkers at your own pace and do that sort of thing.
- He lost time stuck behind some backmarkers, which under the safety car resulted in him losing one lap against those cars with whom he should have been racing.
- The Englishman is the backmarker in the field, running off three metres in the famous 110m handicap sprint.
- Within seconds, the field stretched and half were left behind, so the backmarkers faced a desperate chase for 10 miles before order was restored.
- The tactic proved successful, although he lost some time trying to pass backmarkers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.