In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1voltereta hacia atrás femininesalto mortal hacia atrás masculinemortal hacia atrás
- You should have experience doing backflips before you try this trick.
- True street skaters don't do misty flips and backflips on the streets.
- Already, the 30 squad gymnasts, aged between six and 18, are perfecting backflips and somersaults, and are looking forward to showing them off in a competition next month.
- The movie is about an acrobatic corn-seller who does backflips for his customers.
- He did somersaults, backflips, and other types of jumps.
- Then get down to business and start loving’ those backflips - you need to practice tons to ace tryouts.
- Some choose to do backflips over a 10.5m gap, while others sidesaddle their bikes or let go of the handlebars over a 27m gap.
- Following his gaze, I felt my stomach do backflips.
- When you see physical strength and ability like that, it's really inspiring - it makes me want to do handstands and backflips.
- In the clip, happy teens happily do homework on laptops; and footage of children doing backflips presumably conveys that technology in the classroom gives you more time for gymnastics.
- All these kids are out there [on dirt bikes] jumping 80 feet and doing backflips, but I'm jumping 200 feet over cars.
- She did a roundoff into two backflips, and then calmly turned to Danny, saying, ‘So, I'm expecting you can do that, too, right Mr. Gymnast?’
- She raised her hands in the air and cart wheeled head first before twisting her body end over end in backflip after backflip.
- Hearing another noise, she did a couple of backflips.
- Channeling the errand momentum, Ace led with his right hand and cartwheeled backward leading into a chain of visually stunning backflips.
- I could swear I saw Stephen Murray do tabletop backflips years ago.
- The wide receiver did backflips across the 50-yard line, and the grins got wider by the moment.
- She did two backflips and landed safely on the soft water.
- My diabetes is in tight control and I'm even learning to do backflips at age 33.
- For a barefoot beginner like myself, watching today's capoeira experts mixing well-oiled, gravity-cheating, silent cartwheels and backflips with powerful kicks and lunges leaves me slack-jawed in admiration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.