In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(support)respaldo masculineapoyo masculine
- Her campaigning has gathered much support, including backing from farming families.
- All they needed was public support and financial backing.
- Spear is now appealing for financial backing from local businesses.
- Reports suggest that the rebel forces have received popular support and financial backing in the northern region.
- This includes moral support, as well as, financial and administrative backing.
- I would say because he will enjoy support and backing from the US he might get some assistance and he will have an easy time working with Washington.
- With no real capital to speak of, the bookshop launched itself as a publisher primarily with the financial backing of a local pearl merchant.
- The plan received backing from the Foreign Office minister, who said there is already an Executive presence in the Paris embassy and he hopes the practice can spread.
- She said she was not hugely disadvantaged by not having the financial backing of a large party.
- The proposals are likely to win the support of Parliament because of the expected backing by right-wing parties.
- Their financial backing, supported by the Irish Sports Council, makes it one of the most exciting races in Europe.
- However, she managed to find financial backing with the overwhelming support of friends.
- No one can be elected president under the existing political structure without the financial backing - and political approval - of this ruling elite.
- We believe with the enormous amount of backing and support generated so far, the initiative cannot fail.
- Your support and backing was a great boost to everyone involved.
- The idea crystallised after she met her future web designer at a party and found financial backing.
- He is seeking financial backing to help re-launch the theatre in his hometown.
- Supporters have received financial backing and spin doctors' advice from America.
- They have a stadium full of passionate, vociferous supporters whose legendary backing often reduced opposition players from star performers to schoolboy trialists.
- We already have significant financial backing in place, but need further support from the people and businesses of York.
- All tracks are recorded with a full orchestra and backing singers.
- It is the sound that helped bring in the track, and provided the rhythmic backing for most of the proceedings.
- It doesn't help that the musical backing is a five-minute drone of grating computerized noise.
- Never falling far from his firmly planted roots - his wife, daughter, father and four siblings provide the music and backing vocals on the record.
- With an organ providing a solid backing for the song, trombones and melodicas weave interlacing melodies.
- I went round there last night, ostensibly to add some backing vocals to his very sloppy band - the tunes are amazing though.
- The musical backing, though, is what elevates the song to a higher plane.
- It certainly doesn't need the distraction of echoing backing vocals and the saccharine strings that it has to fight against throughout.
- Not surprisingly, the music is simply beautiful, filled with emotion-packed vocals, lush backing harmonies, and rich sonic textures.
- His slicing guitars and sometimes terrifying backing vocals gave a depth that just can't be captured without him.
- On this album he experiments with honky tonk rhythms, string arrangements, and sassy backing vocals.
- The musical backing is similarly bare of affectation and broken down to a number of small elements, pushed to the limits of their effectiveness.
- Her band of musicians also keep things rolling with a pleasant pop-soul vocal backing and occasionally fresh drum patterns.
- He tends to bathe his voice with wispy background vocals, an effect that, when matched with his instrumental backing, gives his songs a slightly ethereal feel.
- The clever use of backing vocals, for example, magnifies the humour value of the main lyric as well as comprising a catchy tune.
- As always, a well-known band will provide musical backing for the group.
- Musical backing is kept low key with touches of strings, brass and brooding electronica, never overshadowing Jane's fragile but emotive vocals.
- However, the raw emotion in the vocals and the simplistic backing draws your attention and forces you to give the lyrics a chance to shine.
- The scary thing about these vocal tracks is how negligibly different their musical backing is from the infinitely more enjoyable instrumentals.
- They know that those backing vocals are irresistible.
- The lowest cost resilient floor option is composition tile, which consists of a vinyl surface with separate backing.
- For those wishing to maintain a clutter-free interior, you can install walls or ceilings with a backing of acoustically absorbent material similar to that used in concert halls.
- Once the card and backing are assembled, the foil is visible through spaces left by the cutwork of each design from the inside of the card.
- The product is presented in a glass mounted frame with an appropriate felt backing of your choice.
- Because of its clear plastic backing, workers can easily see areas that are dry, and wet those areas by moving water under the blanket.
- The backing or outer layer, the part furthest from the skin, is made of polyester film.
- This is important, because you will save this piece and replace it once the wood backing is installed.
- In addition to the mousepad itself, they also give you two strips of Teflon with adhesive backing known as Padsurfers.
- I don't even use fluffy bathroom mats because the rubber backing is hard to keep clean.
- The glues are used to bond carpet to its backing.
- A properly tensioned bar tape doesn't need adhesive backing, which just gums up the handlebar when you finally replace it.
- The flexibility and adhesive backing of the sheets allow them to be applied to a large variety of targets.
- Hanging from the beams are 'tangkas', paintings on canvas with a backing of silk cloth, which communicate to the lamas the divine teachings.
- The shade and backing material must be perfectly square so the shade will hang evenly.
- Having become expert on depositing metal solutions onto plastic backing, he invented recording tape.
- An adhesive pressure-sensitive backing holds the grips in place.
- Jute backing is very similar to a potato sack, so you can guess how that would hold up to moisture.
- The rug backing is a strong material and craft knives must be used to make a clean cut.
- Velvet's silk backing is very delicate; don't overheat it or leave the Fiber-Etch ® on longer than necessary.
- Do not push the tablet through the foil backing of the package.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.