In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(adverse reaction)reacción violenta femininethere are fears of a Christian backlash — se teme una violenta reacción por parte de los cristianos
- The other Asian power, India, is - like Europe - facing a political backlash against economic globalisation.
- He's concerned about creating a backlash against the military.
- That's leading to a big consumer backlash and that definitely has to stop.
- In Melbourne there is a backlash against these types of guys, because they often have nothing intelligent to say.
- The reaction on the doorstep has been very positive and the Green Party is hopeful it will pick up on what it says is a backlash against the Government parties.
- The anti-immigrant backlash of the last decade also has deep roots in the crisis of the post-war social contract.
- He argues a backlash against ‘multiculturalism’ has begun.
- Pilot schemes have shown this could work - but a backlash against modernity would drain the political will to achieve this.
- It led to a backlash against France and French visitors.
- Today rogue animosity fuels a backlash against the development of the global economy and the spread of democracy.
- Her family, who made a nice living running a business, feared anti-Semitic backlash.
- Trust in the Prime Minister has collapsed, and that is prompting a backlash against all mainstream politicians.
- Food producers and distributors expect a massive consumer backlash to labeled GM foods.
- They both maintained there would not be a political backlash against Labour in the next General Election.
- Women have seen this development as a backlash against equality and democracy.
- Scripts submitted this year indicate that there is a backlash against the social realism which has dominated Scottish cinema.
- They can hardly be surprised when their own behavior provokes a backlash.
- Politicians will face a severe public backlash if power shortages occur.
- We've been told that Republican Party polling has showed huge support for Republicans and a backlash against the Democrats.
- A strong backlash among patients developed while the bill was being considered in the legislature.
- The trigger pull is adjustable for distance as well as for pull weight and backlash.
(excessive play)juego excesivo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.