In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1barra invertida femininebarra inversa feminine
- You can type the command as one long line without the backslashes or use them to break up a long pipeline into multiple lines on the screen.
- Note the backslashes for lines that were too long to fit in this example.
- The backslashes in the above command are there because I couldn't fit the entire command on one line.
- If you enter the above command in three lines, rather than one, remember to include the backslashes (\) as the final character on each of the first two lines.
- The list may span multiple lines if you end each line (except for the last) with a backslash (\).
- I made a few more changes from the resource you created - for instance, the backslash and backtick keys seemed to be transposed.
- The backslash represents the genomic cutting site.
- Put the filename in quotes with forward slashes (/) instead of backslashes (\).
- Finally, I came up with the idea of the backslash, which is sort of a theme throughout all the songs.
- The backslash followed by a semicolon at the end is required in this case.
- Lines beginning with whitespace are interpreted as a continuation of the previous line, so it's not necessary to use a backslash at the end of a long line.
- As you can see, the keyboard adopts the older ‘small enter key’ layout, in which the backslash is positioned below backspace and above the enter key instead of being flanked by the equal key and backspace.
- The transposon sequence is represented between backslashes.
- And for some reason, I kept writing a backslash instead of a forward slash.
- As you can see we had to escape the quotes inside the string with backslashes.
- Some shot straight up like a picket fence, others spiked violently to one side like a backslash.
- You easily can override the built-in time command by preceding it with a backslash, as in the examples that follow.
- It was easier for us to do that than fight getting the double backslashes correct.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.