In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1efecto (hacia atrás) masculine
- The idea is to kick an inch behind the tip of the ball, which produces backspin.
- You don't need backspin to make a ball stop on the green.
- Because my club cuts deeper into the sand, it imparts less backspin on the ball.
- Top-spin, deflects air upward forcing the ball downward; while backspin will cause the ball to rise above its normal gravity determined parabolic arc.
- This technique allows the fingers to make fine trajectory adjustments at release and provides a soft natural backspin.
- They went straight at the hole, catching the ball cleanly and counting on backspin to stop the ball very close to where it landed.
- The result is a lower trajectory and enough backspin for the ball to stop on a dime.
- Fans would stare in amazement when he would roll a ball with such backspin that it would slowly reverse itself and roll back up the lane.
- All that backspin made the ball upshoot dramatically when hitting into the wind.
- The shaft runs down to the club's sole and is designed to produce an optimum launch angle with minimum backspin to guard against shots that fly too high.
- If you want to put backspin on the ball, you can do so with the click of a mouse.
- Since it is not possible to put enough backspin on the cue ball to overcome table friction for the length of the table, advanced players reduce table friction by causing the cue ball to elevate slightly.
- A flatter swing decreases the angle of attack and the amount of backspin I put on the ball, both of which help me keep it down.
- Furthermore, every ball has backspin after impact.
- A two-seam or four-seam fast ball has a lot of backspin; it doesn't pound the hand that's catching it.
- The fact is, every ball is launched with backspin, even putts.
- He looked over at the position of the eight and adjusted his cueing action, putting backspin on the cue ball.
- Too much backspin makes the ball balloon, and sidespin sends it into that lake over there.
- Once you have all that down, you can still learn how to react to the wind, and whether to use topspin, backspin, or sidespin.
- The subject was a hitting mechanic called ‘palm up,’ which is a technique many good hitters use to get backspin on the ball and increase the distance of their drives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.