1(in baseball)(fence) malla de protección feminine(catcher) receptor masculine(catcher) cátcher masculine
- It bounces three feet in front of home plate and rolls to the backstop.
- We'd stand at home plate facing the backstop, and he'd give us five pitches per turn.
- Taylor didn't chase after the ball which rolled to the backstop behind home plate.
- It rained so hard the stream near the baseball field behind the backstop rose high enough to cover home plate!
- Behind every pitcher who shuts down the opposition is a backstop who quietly endures nine heart-pounding innings
- Nonetheless, several young backstops enhanced their career potentials in 2002 by doing creditable jobs.
- The veteran backstop has learned to take the fierce body blows of his position philosophically.
- I was backstop at rounders and had to retrieve the ball from a nearby horses' field.
- I don't know if he's the best catcher, but he certainly can be the best hitter among these backstops.
- They know the frustration, the anxiety, the helplessness and the embarrassment of being on the mound and throwing pitches nowhere near home plate, heaving some to the backstop.