In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1día de perros masculine informalmal día masculinehe's having a bad hair day — está teniendo un mal día
- it's been a bad hair day — hoy ha sido un día de perros
- These people have stuck by me through my highs and lows, my breakups and breakouts, my good hair days and bad hair days.
- The media's keenness to highlight the ordinariness of celebrities - their bad hair days, their spots, their grocery shopping - only increases the idea of the accessibility of fame itself.
- ‘I need a man who knows how to wield a drill, and to know a little bit about bad hair days and cramps,’ says one high-maintenance gal quoted in the article.
- We all have bad hair days but up until I reached the big 3-0, every day of my life was a bad hair day.
- Tying it secure, he thanked the Lord his head was devoid of hair, not having to worry about a bad hair day.
- It's the age of celebrities in Britain, where showbiz weddings, bad hair days and fashion faux pas have become weekly fodder for glossy magazines.
- From Delilah's Samson to the small boys who scream at the mention of a haircut, there seems to be a special male relationship with hair, and, certainly, if every day's a bad hair day, something must be done.
- How many bad hair days can one woman be expected to endure?
- Though I know it's getting old for you, imagine what it's been like for me. 49 + bad hair days in a row over the last 7 weeks.
- Good hair day or bad hair day, there you are, every weeknight at 10: 00 p.m.
- Rather than bad hair days, they have bad hair lives.
- Les responded at the CBS press conference a few days later that Donald must have been having an unusually bad hair day.
- We all have bad hair days, but this was something way beyond that.
- I do not enjoy my back aching, my legs feeling like they are fashioned from lead, the spots, more bad hair days than you could shake a stick at and a stomach that feels like it has ‘gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson’
- Now, I have bad hair days when my hair doesn't ‘do’ right.
- Although we both dress badly, and we have continual bad hair days, there's one crucial difference.
- It was a wonderful Saturday morning, no signs of storms, not a bad hair day, everything was perfect.
- Keeping your hair short is definitely the simplest way to limit bad hair days.
- But sports stars are not immune from bad hair days.
- You lucky ones who boast a full head of coarse hair shouldn't be complaining about bad hair days.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.