In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1antipático masculineantipática femininemalaleche masculine Spain informalbefore noun badass attitude — actitud antipática feminine
- badass temper — mala leche
- Perhaps it's because leather jackets have, for as long as I can remember, been associated with guys with a bad-boy image - mobsters, celebrity badasses and motorcycle enthusiasts alike exude such personas.
- I wasn't one of those girls that smoked in high school, but rest assured I was a badass.
- He's decided that the only way to get on in this world is to be a badass.
- On the street, it serves to warn off would-be badasses; in an interrogation situation it serves to intimidate the person questioned - a cop who is ready to do you violence is more likely to think he can do you violence and get away with it.
- He's a badass who enjoys smashing things just for the thrill of it.
- Yet we're soon shown through a series of flashbacks that Veronica was not always an unapologetic badass.
- Everything about their demeanor proclaimed them to be badasses.
- It was the era of the trash talking foul-mouthed badasses.
- Together they run through the obligatory tunes about being badasses, living for rock 'n' roll, and, in classic metal ballad form, confessing that even a confirmed rock 'n' roll badass needs a lady by his side.
- He's just a real badass, wedded to the mission without really caring what it is.
- I wonder if he is physically up for playing one of the biggest badasses I've ever encountered in my (decidedly pathetic) comic-reading history?
- Police need to know we're watching them, that getting personal and acting like unruly badasses helps us do the same and gives all the many good cops a bad name.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.