In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His management style, his beliefs, are a baffling blend that defies categorization.
- There is nothing baffling about its language at all.
- Talking to someone who doesn't give you her full attention is rather baffling.
- The hitherto baffling puzzles can now be solved.
- Make no mistake: the world of investment is vast and baffling.
- Why he would go to such extraordinary lengths is baffling.
- This may explain something of the bond which was otherwise baffling to their acquaintances.
- At first glance, this state of affairs is baffling.
- It is baffling why the Department of Defense has made this ruling.
- There is a baffling array of ISA funds out there, offered by a vast number of investment companies.
- All I did was introduce myself, and she paid me what seemed at first like a baffling compliment.
- Indeed what is baffling is that they don't share the same level of success overseas.
- The tax system was described as "arbitrary" and the relationship between estate annual values and resources appeared somewhat baffling.
- The theater was designed without either front hanging points (for lights and sound equipment) or built-in ceiling lights, which is baffling.
- An equally baffling fire broke out last week in Fayetteville, Missouri.
- The decision to go on with the game was baffling.
- The most baffling aspect of the season has been the collapse of the defense.
- How a state could enforce such mind-bogglingly stupid policies is baffling.
- The referee whistles for a goal-kick, which is rather baffling.
- Occasionally, however, the movie connection is just baffling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.