In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(coat/trousers/sweater) ancho(coat/trousers/sweater) suelto(coat/trousers/sweater) guango Mexicothey're a bit baggy at the knees — hacen bolsas en las rodillas
- She changed into a pair of loose pants and a baggy shirt, perfect for hiding her feminity, little proof though there was.
- She wore baggy shirts and tight pants which only accentuated her round figure.
- She always seemed to dress in less baggy clothing when she was in a good mood, though she'll never quite understand why.
- The tight fitting black and white clothing is quite the opposite of the clowns colourful baggy trousers with braces, and giant floppy shoes.
- Their Kalashnikovs lean against the wall of their hut and the warm evening breeze catches in their traditional baggy trousers and loose, belted shirts.
- She'd usually hidden that with a loose shirt or a baggy sweater.
- Then over that I would wear jeans and a loose baggy jumper.
- I love the way people dress - you won't see someone shopping in sweat pants or baggy sweaters here.
- It looked like a veil that they were wearing and very grungy, baggy clothing.
- He also said similar problems are commonplace at schools and many of his friends do not feel safe wearing baggy clothing or t-shirts bearing band logos.
- Her baggy shirts and pants hid her fine figure, and no one paid that much attention to her.
- So it's sweat pants, baggy shirt, sweater, thick socks, slippers and pony tail today.
- Both men and women also wear a kurta, a long tunic-like shirt, and pyjamas, loose baggy trousers.
- He waited in my bedroom as I slowly struggled to change into pajama pants and a baggy shirt.
- I was simply a girl in a baggy shirt that reached mid-thigh and very loose pants.
- His accomplices were white and wearing baggy clothing.
- She was the undisputed queen of chic when it came to hip Capri pants with a baggy jumper and a ponytail, managing to look simultaneously casual yet impeccably turned out.
- Combat trousers and baggy shirts don't really cut it.
- The standard clothing of men all over Pakistan is the salwar, loose baggy trousers, and kurta, a long shirtlike tunic.
- She was wearing baggy black pants and a baggy shirt that had Marilyn Manson on it with mesh arm socks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.