In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(diet) equilibrado(diet) balanceado(view/approach) equilibrado(view/approach) ecuánime(personality) equilibradoevenly balanced — equilibrado
- well balanced — equilibrado
- The passion fruit and mango syrup complemented the dish well with a very good combination of flavours, a well balanced dish which refreshed the palate.
- In doing so, the author presents a balanced account of the successes and the failures of Italy's greatest prime minister of the twentieth century.
- The first is about healthy eating and a balanced diet, with the focus on enjoying quality food rather than feeling deprived.
- So they're already presenting a pretty balanced picture.
- The media checks and rechecks facts, and presents reports in a balanced and objective manner to build trust among its readers and advertisers.
- We must be very careful to ensure that this is sensible law-making, and that it is balanced and responsible, and not reckless.
- Matchmakers must avoid trying to take advantage of this situation to push services or to charge prices that would not interest the client if he or she were in a more balanced state of mind.
- The site purports to be a balanced presentation of information about New Zealand's future energy needs and how we might solve them.
- Despite my rude disappointment as a child, I turned out a balanced person with realistic expectations.
- To ask electors for an opinion without providing them with comprehensive details is bound to result in emotional responses rather than a balanced and logical reply.
- This account makes no effort to present a balanced view; rather, the author implies that his assessment is based on incontrovertible evidence.
- If you eat the right foods, eat a balanced diet, and take the right supplements, you stand a reasonable chance of warding off problems.
- The Chinese viewpoint of a balanced diet is very different from that in the West.
- The goal is not just to have children with a high IQ alone, but also to strive to have a child with a balanced personality.
- Your predecessors of the Business Roundtable regularly asserted a balanced philosophy of corporate responsibility.
- In the meantime, we advocate a varied and balanced diet plus exercise as the best insurance of good health.
- They can't replace the hundreds of nutrients in the foods of a balanced diet.
- Having put the recent storms over the use of intelligence into a balanced and reasoned perspective, he concludes with the following sobering observation.
- His response is more balanced than his original piece.
- Traditional, organic soy foods, incorporated into a varied, balanced diet, are healthy.
- And he talked about this as a place that helps him become a balanced person.
- A malnourished body requires a complete balanced food packet that builds up its ability to absorb nutrients.
- Our salad bars are very popular on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the children get a healthy and balanced diet from their school meals.
- A rational approach and a balanced perspective is needed to resolve conflicts with logic and clarity rather than with an emotional approach.
- You should eat a balanced diet with foods rich in folic acid, such as green leafy vegetables, broccoli, oranges, and bananas.
- After their bath I sat on Zoe's bed and I told them both that being proud of oneself was the bedrock of a balanced personality.
- Everything was perfectly balanced and cooked just right.
- Isn't there some sort of balanced, measured response to publishing a story like that?
- Here, the freedom of the press must go hand in hand with the editorial responsibility of accurate and balanced reporting.
- There is always a shortage of properly balanced food items in your local homeless shelter.
- Offered nutritionally balanced food plus sugar water after 12 hours without food, the rats gradually increased their sugar intake.
- The Rich Tea will be chosen by someone sober, strategic and discerning who sees all the options and helps the team make balanced decisions.
- We ensured that he ate small amounts of good food in a balanced diet, drank lots of water and took only two supplements every day - a multivitamin/mineral tablet as well as a gram of vitamin C.
- Information on risk must be presented in a balanced manner.
- The plebeian ‘chai garam’ is proving to be the next vital element of a balanced diet.
- This isn't because I think drivers should be allowed to do anything they want but because I think these things need to be presented in a balanced manner.
- What this member is trying to do is to get the full information together so that it can be presented in a balanced manner, even if the member who is asking for it is not.
- That to me sounds like a reasonable and balanced approach.
- Glenny does his best to combat stereotyping and present a balanced, analytical account.
- Our own media have some responsibility to try to present a balanced picture instead of always gravitating for the sensational.
- Most chef's will tell you that a balanced dish contains each of five key elements - sweet, sour, salty, hot and bitter.
- Many health experts encourage people to incorporate soy foods into a balanced diet and discourage solely taking soy supplements.
- Every noodle dish we tried was excellent, the noodles firm and the sauces well prepared and boasting balanced flavors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.