In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1águila norteamericana de cabeza blanca y alas oscuras
- Ospreys and bald eagles could lose habitat as well.
- Three of the nation's endangered species are here: the bald eagle, the Delmarva fox squirrel, and the peregrine falcon.
- In 1987 a raptor biologist working on Lake Umbagog observed a bald eagle with a yellow tag in its wing.
- What were a bald eagle, an owl, a vulture, a falcon and a northern gosshawk doing at the British Association for the Advancement of Science Meeting in Leicester?
- Early morning is a great time to observe wildlife, and very soon we saw moose, bald eagles, red foxes, and ptarmigan.
- Disturbance can also cause nest abandonment in shy species, including bald eagles and white-tailed sea-eagles.
- The area is home to a variety of other birds, including nesting bald eagles, hawks, owls, bluebirds and several other songbirds, wild turkeys, herons, and waterfowl.
- If we don't take care of the Chesapeake so that fish populations are healthy, the bald eagles won't be healthy, either.
- If your karma is good and you're having a good day, you may also see bald eagles, northern mockingbirds, scarlet tanagers and indigo buntings.
- This creek, popular with fishermen, also is a good spot to sight ospreys and bald eagles.
- Other birds include a huge American bald eagle called Liberty, buzzards, Harris hawks, vultures, laughing kookaburras and a pelican.
- Other ESA-listed birds that occur off northern Washington are the bald eagle, brown pelican, and snowy plover.
- One of the protected species is the bald eagle, our national bird.
- Predators of barracuda include such birds as bald eagles and terns.
- Good fishing for sportsmen and women also means good fortune for those who must feed their families almost entirely by fishing - loons, ospreys, bald eagles and cormorants.
- Wildlife viewing is best on the morning run, when passengers often see bald eagles, osprey, deer, and otters.
- Just months after Edwards Dam was removed, birds such as ospreys, bald eagles, and kingfishers returned.
- The presence of bald eagles likely prevented golden eagles from establishing themselves.
- Some of the most common birds of prey here, the bald eagle, peregrine falcon, and osprey, are fish-eaters, though the hawk owl is not.
- How many boats going at high speeds are noticing the osprey, bald eagles and alligators?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.