In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1as del balón masculine informal
- The Vikings, takeaway-happy ballhawks a year ago, still don't have an interception and have to get after QB David Carr in order to win.
- But he won a starting job late in preseason and has been a hard-hitting ballhawk (four interceptions).
- He also must be more of a ballhawk on plays downfield, although those opportunities may be limited.
- Cota was a noted ballhawk during his first four years in the league with the Panthers and Saints, collecting 11 interceptions.
- He is a top-flight shooter, a good help defender, an ideal fast-break companion to Marbury and an underrated ballhawk.
- Both are ballhawks that study more film than most other defensive players.
- Not only was he a ballhawk and a game-breaker, but he emerged as the leader of a Baltimore defense that was rich in talent.
- As evidenced by his seven interceptions this season, he's a ballhawk who has a knack for popping up in unexpected places.
- He has speed and instincts to be a ballhawk, and has picked off almost a pass a day.
- The most intriguing matchup will take place at the point, where both squads start pass-first freshmen who are great defensive ballhawks.
- But those game-breakers complement a first-rate defense in Tampa, a rapidly developing one in Atlanta, and some ballhawks in New Orleans.
- Edwards always has been a leader and a ballhawk, and he can play inside or outside.
- He is a ballhawk if there ever was one, but it remains to be seen whether he can repeat this kind of performance.
- He has always been a good ballhawk and rebounder for his size.
- He such an instinctive player, a ballhawk in that sense.
- Now Green is a ballhawk who ranks among the better strong safeties as a pass defender.
- He is just 27 years old and is known for being a ballhawk.
- What they do have is a group of aggressive ballhawks who anticipate well.
- Smith, a ballhawk, will play in center field, and the team hopes to get more interceptions and pass breakups.
- Free safety is open, but Scott is not a ballhawk and not a good fit there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.