In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1misil balístico masculine
- Ten percent of the facilities is within the range of non-strategic ballistic missiles.
- An intercontinental ballistic missile has a range of more than 5,500 km.
- The silo used to carry one of the last models of intercontinental ballistic missiles the Soviet Union ever made.
- A ballistic missile is accelerated by rocket propulsion and guided by internal controls, though once its fuel is spent it then coasts to its target.
- For the ballistic missile proved it could do the same job as the cruise missile, and do it better.
- One could argue that such a missile defence system would bring about the abandonment of ballistic missiles as strategic weapons.
- The basic idea is to combine OTH radar with ballistic missiles to target ships.
- Suborbital paths are the trajectories of choice for ballistic missiles.
- The Thaad missile, designed to intercept medium-range ballistic missiles, missed its target in six consecutive test shots.
- These include cruise missiles and ballistic missiles of longer ranges and greater accuracy.
- A seaborne missile defense system to counter enemy ballistic missiles is being deployed on the Pacific theater.
- The Arrow was designed to intercept short range ballistic missiles, although it can be upgraded to handle longer range missiles.
- Chinese defense commentators openly assert that their ballistic missile force is already targeted on Japan because of this potential.
- The Nazis also of course used cruise missiles and ballistic missiles long before anyone else.
- He supported research into cruise and ballistic missiles, precision weapons, jet engines, and rockets.
- A system capable of reliably stopping a ballistic missile is likely to be that much more capable against conventional aircraft.
- More than that, such regimes seek to purchase ballistic missiles and other vehicles to deliver MDW to certain regions.
- So both nations initiated design projects to mount their ballistic missiles on merchant vessels or on warships.
- Who cares about outdated computers, small generators, or 1960s ballistic missiles?
- Missiles screamed in from the ballistic missile launchers and slammed into the ground, blasting huge craters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.